In order to import car from Japan to New Zealand, vehicles must meet up technical requirements, with the emission standards described by the New Zealand government as per their class. Cars that meet these requirements mostly produced from 2006 onward.
To pass compliance in New Zealand following condition cars CAN NOT be imported to New Zealand:
– No vehicles with accident history are allowed
– Cars with tampered odometer are not allowed
– Cars with rust, corrosion, chassis damages on the body or frame are prohibited
– Vehicles with 2,000cc or higher engine capacity must have Electric Stability Control (ESC).
– Airbag recall must be done if applicable at an extra cost of JPY 15,000
– Vehicles must have 3 model codes. Ex. AAA, BBB, etc
– Vehicles with 2 model codes require a Special Permission Approvement for imports
– 20 years old or older vehicles do not require ESC and 3 model codes, but the other requirements remain
* – There is an exception for racing or non-road cars. Cars that will not be registered and use on public roads!
Car Size | MVTR Holder | Individual
Under 20m3 1300.00 1,550.00
Over 20m3 ASK ASK
Heat Treatment 225.00 225.00
* – shipping & heat treatment costs paid to the shipping company directly in New Zealand, upon a car arrival.
Let’s say you bought a car for ¥1,000,000 and want to ship to Auckland port, New Zealand.
Your invoice would look as follows:
Car price ¥1,000,000
Marine Insurance ¥5,000
In Total ¥1,245,000
Freight cost NZD 1550 paid in New Zealand
– This deposit gives you full access to all the auctions and it is refundable at any time before you actually buy a car.
– Yes, you can. Before 2 hours from the actual time. You will not incur any penalty.
– There will be a penalty equivalent to your deposit.
We speak English, Japanese,